Acelli Crippen-Kok, LPC
MY JOURNEY TO BECOMING A COUNSELOR
Like everyone else, I’m human and no different from the clients I see. I’ve been through both wonderful and difficult experiences that have shaped who I am and how I help.
I help teens and adults navigate unhealthy relationships because I understand how our interactions with those around us impact our lives. Relationships, healthy or not, affect our lives in more ways than we often realize.
This is something that resonates with me personally and I look forward to helping you embark on a new journey toward healing, self empowerment, and self love. A journey that starts with the relationship you have with yourself.
I HAVE COMPASSION FOR PEOPLE AND BRING AN OPEN, NON-JUDGMENTAL PRESENCE TO SESSIONS THAT HELPS TO
- Understand people’s experiences
- Sense what other people may be thinking and feeling
- Accept people for who they are and in their current life circumstances
- Help clients heal their past and manage the present
People who know me often say that I am a good listener who can be fully present for people’s stories, even if they are difficult stories.
OUR SESSIONS ARE FOCUSED ON YOU
Sessions will provide you with the space to express your thoughts and feelings. In feeling safe and comfortable, you’ll be able to be yourself and express your thoughts and feelings.
It’s important to me to provide a non-judgmental space where you can be yourself and ensure that the process is collaborative. There isn’t a “one size fits all” approach to therapy. Our sessions will fit your specific needs and concerns.
AS A COUNSELOR, I EMBRACE THE FOLLOWING PHILOSOPHIES
- Change is possible when you allow yourself the space to do the work
- You are strong enough to be present with what you may be going through
- Therapy should address the person as a whole – mind, body, and spirit
- Loving and accepting ourselves for who we are, scars and all, is one of the most courageous things we can do
- Even if we feel like we’ve lost hope, it’s possible to show up, commit to ourselves, and do what it takes to start feeling better
LET’S DISCOVER HOW I CAN HELP
your healing journey today.